Job Opportunities at Proctors
Digital Marketing Manager
Proctors is the Capital District’s leading regional arts organization with performing arts venues in Albany, Schenectady and Saratoga, and education, civic engagement and economic development initiatives throughout the region. We are presently redeveloping our six websites to a common platform (WordPress) and design; redefining our social strategy (we have 13 social channels for our various venues and our School of Performing Arts), and growing our digital capabilities.
The individual in this position will work closely with the Agency Marketing Director to refine digital marketing strategic initiatives that align with our brand, revenue, conversion, participation and channel usage goals. He / she will then create, implement and measure those actions, transforming insights from market research and competitive intelligence into marketing actions that achieve subscription, donor, enrollment, group sales and single ticket goals. Her / his success in this role will be determined by her / his impact on sales, engagement, retention, and outcomes which demonstrate positive customer/target audience behavior.
He / she will oversee a team that includes a senior digital engagement strategist and a marketing associate. Also, she / he will work closely with our Agency Marketing Director, Digital Content Manager, and our account executive team on content strategies.
• Implement and refine the company’s strategic roadmap for digital marketing, while managing our Web, media planning/buying, social and email marketing team
• Evaluate and refine the end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and consumer touchpoints, driving integration of our digital and social media strategies with traditional media, public relations, and promotional activities
• Day to day development and management of our websites
• Oversee the development and monitoring of robust, segmented email marketing campaigns that deliver on sales, acquisition and engagement targets
• Deliver insights and opportunities informed by analysis of digital advertising and social campaign performance, trends and engagement metrics (using advanced social/digital media monitoring technology)
• Identify and engage social media influencers to participate in key marketing campaigns
• Oversee workflow and messaging on our marquee and digital sign display platforms
In addition, this position has traditional media buying responsibilities (broadcast, print, radio, out of home).
You must be detail-oriented, organized and comfortable multi-tasking to produce effective marketing on tight deadlines. Ease working in a fluid and evolving organization with a diverse group of internal (I.T., Box Office, Development, Education, Programming) and external partners and multiple locations needed to ensure consistent marketing and to maximize audience development and revenue opportunities. An ability to develop standards and efficient processes is necessary. Essential is possession of the skills and drive to continually improve our customer experience.
In addition, experience managing / executing the following is required:
• Business to consumer digital marketing
• SEO, paid search, email marketing, social media, content, and display advertising campaigns
• Marketing automation, ad platform, social, audience targeting and analytics tools, including experience tracking consumers across brand touchpoints on different channels, platforms and devices
• Identification of target audiences, and development of digital campaigns that engage inform and motivate them
• Assessment of outcomes against ROI and KPI targets
Experience with the following are highly preferred:
• Mobile marketing
• Location based marketing
• Mobile giving
• Traditional media buying
Send a resume, cover letter and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Proctors is the Capital District’s leading regional arts organization with performing arts venues in Albany, Schenectady and Saratoga, and education, civic engagement and economic development initiatives throughout the region. We are presently redeveloping our six web sites to a common platform (WordPress) and design; redefining our social strategy (we have 13 social channels for our various venues and our School of Performing Arts), and growing our digital capabilities.
The individual in this position will report to our Digital Marketing Manager. The successful candidate must possess an ability to work efficiently under pressure, work well independently, and meet deadlines. He / she should also be able to juggle and prioritize multiple projects at once. And she / he must possess a passion for engaging audiences through social media.
This position is 70% digitally focused and 30% assisting with traditional media buying, proofreading and other tasks.
• Execute digital marketing initiatives including email campaigns and web and social media content development & promotion
• Execute digital and traditional media buying campaign
• Perform keyword research and optimize web content for strong organic search rankings; create meta and title tags.
• Support social media, digital advertising and Web marketing measurement and reporting processes
• Coordinate the internal, intradepartmental proofreading process
• Support development and launch of audience development programs
• Authorize and monitor media ad buys and assist with the documentation process for show settlements
• Maintain content / programming for internal and external digital displays and our marquees
• Maintain marketing materials at our external locations
She / he should be able to demonstrate a broad knowledge of the digital marketing landscape and the following:
• Working knowledge of WordPress
• Professional social networking experience writing / posting across multiple channels
• Strong quantitative / analytical skills
• Familiarity with Google Analytics and AdWords
• Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and communication skills
• Driver’s license and access to an automobile
The following experience / knowledge is preferred:
• Experience managing social media marketing using a third-party platform, i.e., Hootsuite
• Traditional media buying (print, broadcast, radio, out of home)
• Familiarity with A.P. style
• Basic Excel skills
• Photo editing skills
Send a resume, cover letter, salary history and three writing samples to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Food and Beverage Manager
The organization is seeking a Food and Beverage Manager to develop, innovate and deliver a product mix for its Apostrophe Café, theatre concessions and bars, and other venue opening in the near future. The candidate must be quality-driven while maintaining aggressive financial returns.
- Oversight of all food and beverage operations for the café, theatre concessions and bar service.
- Purchasing of all related food and beverage stock.
- All aspects of hiring and training staff.
- Ensuring consistency of proper food preparation.
- Maintaining a clean, safe work environment that complies with all relevant health standards.
- Scheduling of all special event bars and food service personnel.
- Strong customer service skills and a genuine desire to accommodate customers’ needs.
- Full command of NYS health code requirements. Food safety credentials a plus.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Proficiency in personal computer skills and ability to learn database programs.
- Efficiency needed to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Excellent time management/multi-tasking/organizational skills.
- Self-motivation and a solution-driven approach.
- Experience in wholesale food, beverage and liquor inventorying and ordering.
- Ability to track food and beverage costs via invoices and revenue reports.
- Command of portion control, spoilage and waste reduction through efficient menu planning.
- A team player mentality that makes working well with others, particularly during a high volume time, a natural response.
- Upbeat, friendly personality.
- Flexibility of available hours and reliability
Responses should address the above narrative and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Food and Beverage Manager application.
Or via US mail:
HR at Proctors
432 State Street
Schenectady NY 12305