Proctors is a regional performing arts organization with a broad mission which include emphasis on education, civic engagement and economic development. We are currently developing a new Web and social media strategy to better represent the breadth and depth of our endeavors.
Key to executing this strategy is our creation of a new position, Digital Content Producer. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong news / feature writing skills and an ability to shoot and produce effective videos for Web and social media. You should also be adept writing and producing slideshow content using still photography. And you will occasionally produce original :15 spots for television and digital advertising.
• You must present a strong portfolio of video content you have shot and edited for broadcast or online use.
• A journalism degree and / or professional new & feature writing experience is necessary, as is a strong grasp on proper grammar and punctuation (Strunk & White’s The Elements of Style and / or Associated Press Style). A portfolio of writing samples must be submitted.
• The skill to produce finished products that are compelling for a wide range of readers and viewers is essential.
• Adobe Premiere, InDesign and basic WordPress skills are vital. Adobe After Effects and Illustrator experience preferred.
• Ability to evaluate website and social audience data in order to strategize content that grows traffic and engagement.
• Work with the digital marketing manager to discover and develop user-generated content – from comments, blogs and forums to photos and video – to create interactive digital packages that can be promoted in print and digital media.
• An ability to work evenings and weekends occasionally is needed.
• A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
Information Technology Support Technician
Proctors is the leading proponent and producer of the arts, entertainment and arts-related education in the Capital Region. With a convivial and pleasing aesthetic it is a proven and conducive work environment for many. Fulltime employees are eligible for benefit packages including health insurance, matching retirement plans and parking. Access is provided to much of its patron programming at a greatly reduced cost.
Proctors employs nearly 200 staff across three venues in the Capital region. In addition to the employees are hundreds of system accounts and devices associated with VoIP, Linux, point of sale, ticket scanners and Microsoft’s cloud: Office 365.
The Support Technician will be based at Proctors main site, in Schenectady. The position reports to the director of Information Technology. A Support Technician’s typical weekly schedule will include some evenings and a time during a weekend. A successful candidate would have flexibility in their schedule.
Importantly at Proctors, all end users/staff and most server systems, are provisioned with Mac OS. Strong experience with Mac OS and iOS is critical.
With direction, education and supervision, the Support Technician’s role, will be threefold:
• provide effective and knowledgeable help desk for Apple Mac end users primarily utilizing, but not limited to Microsoft Office 365.
• schedule and dispatch end user help requests via a calendar system
• purchase and track inventory.
Experience and Qualifications:
· Minimum of two years proven experience with Apple Mac OS and iOS.
· A flexible work schedule. A disciplined, punctual, solution-driven and positive worker with attention to detail.
· Visits to other Proctors locations will necessitate possession of a full driving license.
· Formal qualification certifications are not obligatory though will likely make the candidate eligible for a higher compensation and succession to increased responsibilities.
Responses should address the above narrative and can be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line: Information Technology Support Technician application.
Or via US mail:
HR at Proctors
432 State Street
Schenectady NY 12305
(Deadline: March 13, 2017)
Capital Repertory Theatre (theREP)
111 No. Pearl Street,
theREP has a rich, local history of excellent entertainment and strong community relationships. Established in 1981, it is Albany's first professional resident theatre.
theREP is a professional, not-for-profit cultural organization, and the only member of the League of Resident Theatres (LORT) within fourteen counties of the Upper Hudson-Mohawk Valley. The facility on North Pearl Street includes a 286-seat theatre, a café space, a costume-making shop, and a rehearsal hall.
The Company Manager (CM) is primarily responsible for managing the well-being of staff and visiting artists’ employed at theREP, including, but not limited to, executing contracts, arranging lodging, transportation and travel, assuring access to health care and lifestyle amenities, ensuring compliance with union regulations of AEA, SDC and USA and enhancing the morale of the company. The CM will assist the Producing Artistic Director with duties related to the operation of a professional LORT theatre, including creation of annual production budgets, casting activities and other business needs. The CM needs to be a knowledgeable resource for the company for union rules. Full-time employment is year-round.
- Two-three years Company Management, Stage Management or other arts management experience
- In-depth knowledge of AEA, SDC and USA union regulations
- Capabilities to create production budgets
- Experience organizing casting activities
- Possess diplomacy, excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Retain an even-tempered personality that thrives in a creative, yet sometimes stressful and deadline-driven, day-to-day work environment
- Hold a BA in Theatre
- Have knowledge of AEA highly preferred (LOA, LORT or TYA)
- Possess a valid NYS Driver’s License
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Operate with strong organizations skills and an attention to detail.
Compensation & Benefits
Pay is commensurate with experience, full health insurance coverage, parking.
Proctors is a leading regional performing arts organization focusing on Broadway and cultural entertainment, arts-related education programs and civic engagement. With nearly 200 employees across the Capital Region, Proctors is proud of its welcoming, pleasant and creative work environment. Fulltime employees are eligible for benefit packages including health insurance, matching retirement plans, access to programming at a greatly reduced cost and a robust vacation time schedule.
Food and Beverage Manager
The organization is seeking a Food and Beverage Manager to develop, innovate and deliver a product mix for its Apostrophe Café, theatre concessions and bars, and other venue opening in the near future. The candidate must be quality-driven while maintaining aggressive financial returns.
· Oversight of all food and beverage operations for the café, theatre concessions and bar service.
· Purchasing of all related food and beverage stock.
· All aspects of hiring and training staff.
· Ensuring consistency of proper food preparation.
· Maintaining a clean, safe work environment that complies with all relevant health standards.
· Scheduling of all special event bars and food service personnel.
· Strong customer service skills and a genuine desire to accommodate customers’ needs.
· Full command of NYS health code requirements. Food safety credentials a plus.
· Clear and concise communication skills.
· Proficiency in personal computer skills and ability to learn database programs.
· Efficiency needed to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
· Excellent time management/multi-tasking/organizational skills.
· Self-motivation and a solution-driven approach.
· Experience in wholesale food, beverage and liquor inventorying and ordering.
· Ability to track food and beverage costs via invoices and revenue reports.
· Command of portion control, spoilage and waste reduction through efficient menu planning.
· A team player mentality that makes working well with others, particularly during a high volume time, a natural response.
· Upbeat, friendly personality.
· Flexibility of available hours and reliability
Responses should address the above narrative and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Food and Beverage Manager application.
Or via US mail:
HR at Proctors
432 State Street
Schenectady NY 12305