Broadway Camp - PIPPIN
Book by Roger O. Hirson Music and lyrics by Stephen Schwartz
Program runs: July 10 - August 4, 2017 | 9a.m. – 5p.m.
(Students MUST be available for all rehearsals, master classes, and performance dates)
Performances: August 4 at 7p.m. and August 5 at 2p.m. & 7 p.m, 2017
Develop your passion to be on stage, behind-the-scenes, or in the orchestra pit this summer! Proctors and Capital Repertory Theatre combine talents to deliver a summer opportunity that cannot be missed. Broadway professionals instruct students in every aspect of putting on a show at Proctors! Be one of the few that perform on the MainStage, where legends have performed. This program will give you the skills and opportunities to hone your craft with Broadway professionals, all while preparing for a full-scale production at Proctors.
PIPPIN has an infectiously unforgettable score from four-time Grammywinner, three-time Oscar winner and the musical theatre giant Stephen Schwartz (WICKED, GODSPELL, CHILDREN OF EDEN). PIPPIN tells the story of a young prince who longs to find adventure, true happiness and fulfillment in his life. Will Pippin find that happiness in extraordinary endeavors or ordinary moments that happen every day?
**The School of the Performing Arts production of PIPPIN will not be the circus concept of the recent Broadway revival, but a more traditional approach, still using magic, tricks, and acrobatics.
- Concentrated rehearsal and production/technical creative work leading to a of a full stage production of PIPPIN on Proctors Mainstage
- Master classes with Broadway professionals for all areas including performing, orchestra and production
- Three additional workshops in: Circus Performance, Stage Make-up and Voice and Diction for the Actor
- Professional Picture “Head shot” – All students will receive a professional color digital headshot along with make-up consultation
- Individual vocal coaching (acting students)
- Assistance in preparing audition song book (16 and 32 bar audition song cuts) - Musical Theatre Repertoire and selecting audition material suitable for you
- Individual acting coaching
- Identifying your strengths
- Broadway Camp T-shirt
- Resume preparation and review
- A once in a life time experience for you to learn and share what you can do, developing skills and techniques that apply to any aspect of your life
Scholarships and payment plans are available!