The Next Steps Towards a More Diverse Workforce
This 2nd annual Creative Economy Symposium in Schenectady will explore critical issues relating to opportunity and inclusion in the Capital Region’s creative industries.
This conference will bring together global and regional experts, employees and employers from regional creative enterprises, students and those seeking entry into creative careers. The symposium will engage the audience in a conversation about recognizing and overcoming obstacles, developing industry-specific educational curriculum, improving diversity hiring practices, and exploring the pathways to career opportunities that exist in our rural and urban communities within creative industries.
The panel discussions and presentations will allow us to explore these topics and more, and learn about best practices to ensure opportunities in our region are available and accessible to a more diverse workforce.
Conference Registration Fee: $40
Young Professionals (35 & under): $20
(Subsidized by Workforce Development Institute)
· Connect our workforce with potential employers in creative industries.
· Examine and deconstruct employment barriers facing our underserved youth and young creatives.
· Explore various vocational and entrepreneurial programs affordably available at our local institutions.
· Employee and Employer sessions designed to illuminate job interview and best hiring practices.
· Celebrate our Regional maker heritage and showcasing our operating maker spaces.
View schedule here! (Detailed breakdown of conference sessions to come.)
This event is made possible through the partnership of:
Conference registration questions? Contact the conference coordinator, Allison Tebbano.
Personal Responsibility Statement: Proctors prides itself on offering a diverse selection of arts entertainment. Not all productions may appeal to or be appropriate for every person or for all ages. Patrons are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the shows we offer in order to make informed decisions prior to purchasing tickets.
FREE PARKING in the Broadway parking garage is provided by Upstate Ford Dealers. WE ARE IN YOUR AREA.