Shen Yun – The Beauty of Divine Beings Dancing
The gong resounds, the curtain opens, and a heavenly scene is right before your eyes. Fairies emerge from a sea of billowing clouds. Mongolians ride on horseback across grasslands as vast as the sky. Classic stories of love and loss, of humor and heroic deeds, come to life. You will be amazed by how vibrant, exciting, and profound classical Chinese culture can be.
A Divine Culture—Lost
Through breathtaking dance and music, Shen Yun’s artists tell of a time when divine beings walked upon the earth, leaving behind a culture that inspired generations. Ancient Chinese wisdom, infused with Buddhist and Taoist spirituality and values, gave birth to everything from medical innovations to opera, dance, architecture, and even martial arts. But after decades of communist rule, much of this divinely inspired culture has been destroyed or forgotten.
5,000 Years of Civilization Reborn
Shen Yun is a brilliant artistic revival and celebration of China’s rich cultural heritage. Each performance consists of about 20 pieces, quickly moving from one legend, region, or dynasty to the next. Themes range from the delicate elegance of Tang court ladies to the battlefield heroics of valiant generals, from the timeless philosophical works of Lao-Tzu to spectacular scenes of magical realms. Some pieces also touch upon the topic of today’s China, shedding light on the oppression many experience for their spiritual beliefs, such as Falun Dafa. These tales of courage are often what audience members find the most touching and uplifting. Shen Yun’s works convey the extraordinary depth and breadth of genuine Chinese culture, and bring the magnificence of five thousand years of civilization back to life on stage.
A Global Sensation
Shen Yun tours to some 150 cities around the world each year. From Tokyo to Paris, Sydney to New York, Shen Yun’s live performances garner thunderous applause and accolades from full houses everywhere. Some audience members drive hundreds of miles to see it. Others watch the same performance five or six times. Why? There are simply no words to describe it—you have to see it with your own eyes to find out.
CLICK HERE FOR UPDATED COVID PROTOCOLS.
- Given theaters’ extra procedures due to COVID regulations, please arrive AT LEAST ONE HOUR in advance. Performances start right on time—it is one whole experience and you won’t want to miss the opening piece!
- Note regarding theatrical effects: This event employs CGI special effects, atmospheric effects, and sound effects, and is a visually, aurally, and emotionally immersive experience.
- Loud cheering or whistling can be distracting to both performers and other audience members, but applause is always appreciated.
- Anyone causing disturbances or obstruction may be asked to leave. Please respect the right of others to enjoy the performance.
- Children under 5 are not admitted.
- 2 hours and 15 minutes running time including intermission
- Presented by Upstate New York Falun Dafa Association
Personal Responsibility Statement: Proctors prides itself on offering a diverse selection of arts entertainment. Not all productions may appeal to or be appropriate for every person or for all ages. Patrons are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the shows we offer in order to make informed decisions prior to purchasing tickets.
FREE PARKING in the Broadway parking garage is provided by Upstate Ford Dealers. WE ARE IN YOUR AREA.